Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Happy Conclusion

Today I found myself at Costco, right next to the hospital that my friend Jodi had gone to last night, so I decided to find out how things had turned out.

After parking at Costco, on the far south end of the complex, I found out that the Maternity ward was on the farthest possible north end of the complex. A 15 minute walk (okay, I exaggerate) later, I finally found my way to the room the receptionist had told me she was in. I had to ask "what department is this? Maternity, or L&D?" It was maternity...meaning, she had indeed had the baby. I was excited.

Knocking on the door, I heard a quiet voice say "come in". And there, in her hospital bed was Jodi, with the cutest little package ever. She looked positively radiant...almost like she'd showered and done her hair even (she swears she hadn't). People who just gave birth shouldn't look that fresh and beautiful...they make me wonder what was wrong with me. But Jodi was positively aglow, and what a happy day for them all!

Last night before I (blissfully) fell asleep, I'd prayed for her. I figured she was exhausted already, and that she probably wasn't getting much sleep that night. I hoped everything would go well. Happily it did. Baby boy O was born around 5a.m., weighing 7.14 and he's just the sweetest little bundle. It was such a neat thing to hear how it went, and see the conclusion of what started when I stopped by last night.

I took a lot of pictures and a couple video clips for her of these precious first few hours. Right as I was getting ready to leave, her family came, and the three kids all got to see their new baby for the first time. I captured it on video for them. It's so wonderful to see the love in their darling family. Happy days for the C's! Thanks for letting me be part of this wonderful event. ♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so adorable! What a blessing to have such a sweet son.

Claudia said...

Wow Blue! How great that you were there when they needed you. What a precious baby born to a truly wonderful family.

And thank you for your huge support with the Fill The Ark event. It was so well organized and the bagels/otter pops hit the spot.

You're an amazing example to us all!

Anonymous said...

yay for new babies!!!! Cool that you got to help when she went in labor.