I've been flying absolutely crazy hours the past four days. It was all red-eye flying...where I'd leave Washington DC at 4pm, fly to the west coast and then straight back to DC again. We arrived at 6am, headed to the hotel and sleep for a few hours before starting the process all over again. So it was all I could do to check my email through my bleary eyes before my head hit the pillow.
But I'm home now, happy to see Doc and hear his stories from his first week doing rotations in the hospital. He started out with a bang in GYN, standing in during hysterectomies and other procedures. Last night he was on call in the OB dept., and had 2 C-sections and 3 regular births. I love hearing about his adventures and the people he's meeting.
I'm also happy to be back with Bunch & Gator, who were with their cousins while I was gone. I'm very grateful for my S&B-in-law who are so gracious about keeping them for us sometimes. I know they're pretty easy punks to have around, but it's still a tremendous service that I don't take for granted. And this time was especially hard, because they had 11 kids under their roof at one point (watching other cousins too). ELEVEN! And then the flu hit fast and furious, taking out my SIL and 6 of the kids. I can only imagine, and am still hoping my punks are spared...so far so good.
So what the heck is Tricked out RV?
Well I have a pilot friend who lives in Montana, but he has a cool camper-van-RV dealio that he keeps in California . Now I've been inside an RV before, but never actually driven around in one. Growing up I remember thinking that it would be the ultimate fort...and harbored secret fantasies that my parents would buy one and put it in our back yard so that I could live in there instead of in the garage with all the bugs.
That never happened, but my friend generously offered his RV to me to take the kids for a week of beach camping in CA. He gave me a thorough tutorial in how to operate everything, handed me the key, and now we're good to go. It's got a shower, toilet, fridge, stove, sink, TV/VCR, and all the regular comforts of home, just waiting for us to enjoy them. There's a campground at the State Beach which has RV Camping. The online reservation site is all booked up, but I'm hoping they have a few slots available for 1st come-1st served walkup. There is some mention of that. If so, then we are going to have us a fun little RV beach campout. If not, we'll have ourselves a fun little RV campout. Somewhere. And we have a lot of other exciting things in store for us too, which I'm not going to write about since The Bunchkin reads my blog and it's fun to surprise my kids with happy adventures. We're super excited.
So we're off again in a couple days. It is only right, as my sisters are currently in Italy and Tahiti. I know we were just in Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago. But Italy and Tahiti?!! Freak. Plus Doc could use the peace and quiet when he's home trying to catch some zzzz's.
I don't know if I'll have internet access, but will document our adventures as soon as I can. Meanwhile, what are you up to??? Anything on the docket, or are you living each day spontaneously? I'd love to hear your plans. And any RVing advice you may have. Toodles!
♥
1 comment:
I'm eager to hear about the RV experience. My dh is dying to rent one (of the un-tricked-out variety) and take our kids away for a long weekend. I am a bit more skeptical about the whole thing. But I trust you to give it to me straight up.
Post a Comment