♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
I wish I knew how I found Lorrie. I'm pretty sure I found her, and not the other way around (that honor will be going to Keri...who shall be the subject of a future post in my "Online Friends Series").I'm not even sure when I first found her, but I'm so glad I did...because not only am I secretly in love with her, but I'm pretty sure that she's how I connected with a couple other online favies...who I haven't written about yet but will sometime (hi
Lorrie is one of the funniest people I've ever met. At first blush we don't have much in common (since when should that stop us from being friends with someone?), but I started reading her blog simply because she made me laugh. Laugh at a time when I was so mired in murky muck some days that it was hard to even smile. She made me laugh and smile and cry happy tears even when I was really depressed. It's a gift.
I've stumbled across hundreds of blogs over the years, but only a tiny fraction of those have made it to my blog roll. An even smaller percentage of the blogs I read have ever bothered to visit mine, but every now and again Lorrie pops in and checks things out.
Among her many admirable qualities, Lorrie is a talented artist. She has a wildly successful ceramics company is called Our Name Is Mud, and her products are sold all over the world. They're a hit with lots of celebrities, and are regularly featured in magazines and on tv because they're so clever and whimsical...they just make you smile.
I'm not altogether certain that Lorrie isn't secretly one of my guardian angels (I seem to have a few of them). There have been quite a few days when I was struggling along, and a package arrived in the mail with just the thing I needed to hear:

(that was an inspired message!)

(Remember when the Wizzard of Oz gave the cowardly lion a "courage medal"...which was apparently all that he'd been missing? Well, here was my "medal".)
Or things that just made me laugh:

(it's been a long-standing joke that I married "Mr. Right")
Or pretty things:

(my kids both had special ceramic cereal bowls, so now Doc and I have our own, too!)
Last October when I was in NYC, I finally had the chance to meet Lorrie in real life. WOW! Not only is she even more wonderful in real life (if that is possible), but her kids are darling, and her home is magical. (And her SHOM was pretty okay, too.)
Her daughter gave me some tattoos:

Since I'm a teetotaler, there was really nothing else to do besides heading over to her amazing studio where p0tTerY hApPenS...

...and while trying to be as talented as her for a moment, I painted this:

Which, after being kilned, turned into:

The kids and I took a picture with a life-size poster one of her fans sent her in honor of her 500th blog post:

(Hi Krëg!)
In honor of her 500th blog post she invited all

(And yes, my frosting penmanship leaves something to be desired. Sue me.)
I'm always touched by the kindness shown to me by friends and family, but there is something even more heart-rending about the kindness of a stranger. And when that kindness then turns into extreme generosity, well, I just don't really know what to do other than to try harder to follow their example. Maybe I'll make a difference in someone else's life someday.
Lorrie, you're the greatest! My life is better because of you and your thoughtfulness. ♥
Grateful for:
1) Gorgeous fall days and canyon hikes with my kids
2) Newly organized garage and laundry room. My hands are like cut-up sandpaper but the end result of my work is quite satisfying.
3) Time with friends
PS: Feel free to wish Lorrie a happy birthday today! Tell her Blue sentcha! (Glitter not required.) ♥
2 comments:
You, my dear friend Blue, have made your mark for good in many lives (certainly in mine)! Perhaps that is why you attract magical friends like Lorrie and the others in your blog. Love you!
hee hee I love the bowls and the card cake and everything :) le xoxo
Post a Comment