But I DID have a ticket story happen yesterday. My brother in law flew in a few weekends ago for a family reunion. His flight back to work departed at 5:00 a.m., and no one was really excited to get up at 3:00a.m. to get him to the airport, so we came up with a plan for him to drive himself there, and then my other brothers-in-law would drive down together and get the car later.
I have pre-paid parking for the year because of my work, so I gave him my pass to get in the parking lot, and planned to get it back after the guys picked the car up. But my plan backfired when I got to the airport to fly out for work last week and realized I hadn't retrieved my parking pass from them after they got the car all those weeks ago. I had no choice but to pull a paper ticket, and ended up paying $41 to park for the six days. It's actually a much longer story involving intrigue, threats to call the police and so forth, but I'll just leave it at that, and say I'm glad nothing worse came of this little exercise in trying to help out. And also that I won't be loaning out my parking pass any more.
Finally, a happy ticket story...
since most tickets are, actually, the good kind. Tomorrow night Bunch and I are heading to New York City for a momma-daughter weekend get-away.Almost two years ago Bunch asked me one day, "if I pay for my ticket, would you buy yours and take me to see Wicked?" I thought that was a worthy goal, and now she has a ticket for the flight (I don't...so I could end up on the jumpseat if it's sold out), and we have two tickets to see the legendary musical WICKED on Broadway. We are so excited!
Grateful for:
1) All those who are making our exciting NYC weekend possible. You know who you are.
2) Doc's now off on Friday...even though he was originally scheduled to work (they're making him take it off because they've been over-scheduling him). This will be nice for Gator, Even if Doc feels guilty about not being there for his team.
3) My job. I just love it. And I realize how fortunate I am to have it. And I submit there's no other industry with more amazing perks. But let me know if you think of one!
4) I lost a fight with some yellow jacket wasps last night. I'm allergic to honey bee stings and had never been stung by wasps before, so I was somewhat concerned. But though they hurt WAY worse than bee stings, I didn't have a severe reaction to them and go into anaphylactic or anything. And Gator took particularly good care of me...swapping out ice packs for hours to numb the pain (Doc was on call all night)
5) A sweet friend ordered a copy of the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy from Amazon and had it shipped to me last week. This world is filled with kindness! Can't wait to
4 comments:
You and Bunch should go to Cafe Lalo. It's the restaurant where Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks met in "You've Got Mail". They have delicious desserts (my fave is creme brulee) and I think they are open until 4am or something crazy like that. Have fun!!
your gator is just the sweetest kid it sounds like!
I loved Hunger Games! They are riveting. Enjoy!
I also really liked this post about gratitude. I've been thinking a lot about how to be more grateful -- so thank you.
Enjoy New York! One of my favorite restaurants is Asia de Cuba!
P.S. Please say hello to Nanette M for me!
Yay. What a fun day here. from start to finish. Cant wait to hear about the rest of it in "voice" not person.
I owe my mom and sis phone calls and you know how bad I am about calling people back.
Should be sleeping and sending you pix. I will send mine..send me yours. love you my dear girl!!!
K
Post a Comment