Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And suddenly summer is gone

Scenes from Millcreek Canyon September 29, 2009"
I went for a "last gasp" hike in the canyon by my house yesterday. The colors were brilliant and breathtaking. It was blue skies and 85 degrees....I knew I had to carpe diem.

Last night I was awakened a few times by loud booming thunder. Today the clouds are threatening to encase my head they're so low, and there was snow covering the mountains I hiked in yesterday.

I had to remind myself that it is actually sunny just a few thousand feet up, no matter how dark and stormy it was during my stint driving carpool this morning. And now, it's actually snowing at my house!

These are the times when I just want to make soup and cozy in. Fall is my favorite season to see and taste, but summer is my favorite season to live in. I miss you already summer!.

Time to make my new blog banner. Tomorrow is somehow going to be OCTOBER already.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful pictures. I miss living in Utah and having real seasons. In Texas I am feeling lucky that it is no longer above 90 most days and that our cool weather is around 70 first thing in the morning. Fall just means I can actually go outside without melting. Thanks for the lovely pictures

Kathleen said...

Oh, I hear you bet[c].

We moved to Texas after graduate school at the U, and it was a HUGE change. I loved the people there, but I really did not like the humidity. It's good to be back in Utah. Who knows, you may find yourself back here eventually, too.

Fall is my favorite season. Thanks for the lovely photos, Blue.

mindy said...

gorgeous!! Wish I could've been there!

Fe said...

Fantastic photos! I can't get enough of that autumn colour. We seem to only get it for a minute here (in Oz) as so many of our trees are evergreens.

Sunshine said...

Man, those are awesome pictures! You know, I would probably have to agree with your statement about fall--it is my favorite season to see and taste (sometimes feel) but summer is most definitely the best time to live!

Just beautiful. I wish I was that close to the mountains!