Just recently, I've noticed some little pockets of progress in various aspects of my life. Like those patches and spots of change in the toffee, I'm noticing some growth and progress, and this is very encouraging.
For example, it's been a long time since I was genuinely excited about something besides traveling. But I'm actually excited about some mixed-media creative projects that I've thought of doing. And even more exciting to me is that the ideas for them came to me directly, not inspired by anyone else. One project involves stones, one involves sticks, there's a digital one, and some photography ones. And they all have personal meaning to me. I also have a musical thing I want to do, as well as some writing. I've been itching to get to all of this, and am looking forward to school starting next week and having some chunks of time to devote.
This may not sound like a big deal, but for anyone who has struggled with dysthymia as long as I have, it's big. Finding joy in the journey is one thing...and it's easy to see a lot of it in my life. But feeling the joy in the journey, well, that's been just out of reach for a long time.
As my Blue Whisperer said, it sounds like the phoenix is rising.

Grateful for:
1) Studio night, which started this process
2) Loving encouragement
3) Great examples all around
6 comments:
beautiful. and your happiness inspires me to make more of my own.
So glad you are finding joy! It is a continual quest for me, too. Just today I felt the tiny demon of dissatisfaction looking for a chink in my armor and I had to actively engage my best efforts to squash it. I can't wait to see your projects!
You're so right that finding the joy and FEELING the joy are different. That pretty much nails it!
I'd like to do more art. I'm still feeling a little underinspired.
Freaking Awesome Blue, and all of a sudden you enjoy life again. Amazing how things change slowly, but surely. Love ya!
Post pix or whatever when they are done! cant wait to see!
still in awe of and loving Pandora thanks to you! you are the best!
miss you!
xxx'
♥♥♥♥ ;-)
nohtin glike feelings of inspiration to feed the soul!
Post a Comment