Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do you ever have days...


...when you know that it's probably just hormones? Cause yesterday I had to tell myself about every 12 minutes "it's just hormones. I'm sure it's hormones. It's probably hormones. It must be hormones," and so forth. This little pep talk went on all day.

I'm trying very hard to be aware of the smoke and mirrors effect that a few body chemicals can have on me, and to not let a foggy mood have undue influence on any decisions I make. I just rode it out yesterday. Here's hoping today isn't quite as foggy!

Blessings:
1) I'm making this today, and serving it in bread bowls.
2) Flight benefits on lots of airlines.
3) The chirpy birds on my deck right now.


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Love you, J!

Unknown said...

hope the soup was fab. Email me, I want to fill you in on our scoop. We head to UT, handcart style with only the bare necessities, on Sunday 7th of June. Can't wait to see you!

Sunshine said...

You know, I read your post awhile back about depression. It was very real and very moving. I wondered if you have ever heard of the book Feelings Buried Alive Never Die, or You Can Heal Your Life.

In no way am I downplaying depression. It is real! And the emotions connected to it are real too. These two books have helped me recognize how important it is to listen to those emotions, and it gives great ways to deal with, work through, accept and let go of said emotions.

Good luck and God bless! You are such a great person!

Keri Bryant said...

Almost forgot.
LOVE the picture up top. dontcha just love SUMMER???
Hormones SUCK!! I want to give mine away to charity and be a man! :):)