My little scalleywag was sad that he had to leave his former mateys and set sail for different climes. It pains me to see Cap'n pining so for his former position. So one day his saucy wench sister and I decided to decorate his sleeping quarter so it would be fit for a king. Or at least a captain.
Problem is, we were running short on treasure. It'd been some time since our last raid. But havin' limited means didn't prevent us from creating a right smart berth.
We sent the Captain to pilage a neighboring ship for 3 hours one day, while we set forth to work our magic.
When he got home, Cap'n was SO Ecstatic over his new digs that he danced a jig and promoted me from kitchen wench to Bosun.
The secret cave where I acquired all the goods is called Zurchers. It's a common-enough type cave...catering to those searching for party supplies high and low.
I purchased ye ole plastic wall hangings that would be typically be purchased to decorate at a party. Only this was one party meant to last.
I didn't want to pin, tape or staple them to the wall. Sometimes we hit storms so mighty that I knew mere pins and stapels wouldn't survive. They needed something more substantial.
So I procured a can of spray adhesive. This was a sticky job, and I'm sure my lungs are to this day gunkier than the pipes on a Salt whose spent his days down in the bilge. But in the end, the result was worth it. For less than $35 dubloons and in less than 2 hours, I transformed all four plain white walls of his private bunk from bare to beautiful.
So did this great big smile.
4 comments:
You blow me away, blue.
And I had to look up Bosun.
Where can I pick up more of those facebook emoticons?
♥
You and Bunch are so awesome!
You are so creative ... on a dime! Teach me!
Brilliant and daring to use the spray adhesive. But then again, it's just walls and they can be painted if the surface is altered by it. You're so resourseful I'm confident you'd know how to replace the sheetrock if necessary. LOVE the transformation. Maybe I'll get around to hanging the 20 or so decals I bought for my kid's room 3-months ago at some point. You take the cake though. Good work!
Post a Comment