So we went on our litter walk for Earth Day, and while we were out, I decided to take some pictures of the dead trees that have been condemned on the property that's being developed. Glory Hallelujah they've been born again!
The sunset tonight was breathtaking. Nice benediction for the day.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Those people shouldn't be allowed to knock down those trees...
I agree. I know these trees well not personally but my hubbie is a realtor so he frequents this building. It makes me furious what they are calling dead just for the sake of development. They don't look dead to me. Someone ought to fire the tree man.
My life is a dead tree; Spring is a mockery to it;
But in the winter it shall bear the snows; and rear aloft its stark and hopeless branches as bravely as another.
But wait though...there'll be no weighty winter snow; for by July the Fourth there'll be a wood chipper show. And where once dead trees bloomed don't you know; Rise cookie-cutter condos all in a Row.
I'm so thankful to have a friend with depth of mind and heart. Thanks J., for being a great example of thinking outside yourself, and acting in a way that impacts the world for good. Earth day isn't one we've celebrated, so amazed you've picked up on this great opportunity!
5 comments:
Those people shouldn't be allowed to knock down those trees...
I agree. I know these trees well not personally but my hubbie is a realtor so he frequents this building. It makes me furious what they are calling dead just for the sake of development. They don't look dead to me. Someone ought to fire the tree man.
My life is a dead tree;
Spring is a mockery to it;
But in the winter it shall bear the snows;
and rear aloft its stark and hopeless branches as bravely as another.
But wait though...there'll be no weighty winter snow;
for by July the Fourth there'll be a wood chipper show.
And where once dead trees bloomed don't you know;
Rise cookie-cutter condos all in a Row.
I'm so thankful to have a friend with depth of mind and heart. Thanks J., for being a great example of thinking outside yourself, and acting in a way that impacts the world for good. Earth day isn't one we've celebrated, so amazed you've picked up on this great opportunity!
AMD you could probably quit your day job and sell these gems. probably. ;-)
Post a Comment