Sunday, March 30, 2008

Would you eat these Springtime Yummies?

We have some friends in the neighborhood who have two birthdays in their family on April 1st. Tuesday's going to be a crazybusy day, so I thought we should take them some treats tonight to celebrate . This had the added bonus of them not spending one second wondering if there was ex-lax or some such nonsense in the treats (being that they were born on April Fools Day and all).

Also a new family moved into the neighborhood this past week, so we thought we'd take some treats to welcome them too. It was so fun to listen to a great talk on CD and decorate these little diddies, that I had to take a picture before we delivered them. Aren't they cute? They were a knock-off of some adorable cakes my friend Jenny made for a shower recently. I just had some fun with them, using what I had on hand. Hope they enjoy them.

Word of advice: it's probably not the best idea to have a "decorate your own cupcake" moment 5 minutes before you want your kids to go to bed. The sugar high is out of this world!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the bright colors! That is what I thought was so fun about them.

mindy said...

YUM!!! Those are NOT making me want to go figure out what to eat for dinner, though. Rather I want to go finish off the easter candy and bake cupcakes. So creatively delicious!