- Music. YMMV, but for me, not much reaches and consoles me the way music can. Whether I'm listening to my favorites, or just getting lost on the piano, it connects me and sustains me.
- Writing. Whether my next book or this blog, I'm sure writing will be a very therapeutic tool. I'm really glad to have finally discovered this outlet in my life. You just never know what's around the bend for you.
- BunchN'Gator. What better motivation? Plus, they keep me busy and that always helps. As the saying goes, "Idle hands are the devil's workshop"
- My amazing posse of friends. My peeps. You know who you are (even if you never comment on here, I know some of you read this!), and you are flat-out inspiring. I wish I could just clone myself and spend every day with each of you. How rich that would be!
- Chocolate ♥
- Meaningful activities and service. It's something you have to consciously incorporate into your life, but it's a great balm for the soul.
- Truth be told, my monthly "get away" when I fly. Even though it's work, it's a distraction. So as long as I can keep that in my life, it'll be a boost. If it stops being feasible and I have to quit, I'll deal with it then. But for now, it's definitely a sanity-restorer, 'cause I love it!
- I'm sure I'll be leaning on God a lot. Of course that is a great thing to do no matter what. But hard times sure do help a body stay connected. Maybe we'd all have fewer trials if we were better at this one in the first place. Nah...I think we'd have the hard times regardless. I liked this story that my long-lost-sister posted on her blog. I think it about sums it up.
- Whatever crumbs of attention Doc is able to toss my way. I'll collect them all, and then concoct some kind of casserole out of them. I'll then put it in the freezer, and cut off little pieces as needed during times of famine to feast upon and savor.
What do you do to get through hard times?
1 comment:
Firstly, I don't think you give yourself enough credit for the exercize you do fit into your life without realizing it. That said, I can't imagine not having regular exercise as part of my life. Even when I go for stretches in the lazy house, a good swim or run or walk or anything to get the blood pumping pulls me back to a more sound state somewhat akin to your JB work fly-aways do for you but on a much quicker level.
It's all about endorphins sis. You gotta get 'em somehow so do some aerobic vaccuuming or dish washing or pop in a yoga dvd if that's all you can muster but take that time to invest in your health and you'll hold it all together much better.
Whose the long lost sister blog you're referring to?
Post a Comment