Monday, December 10, 2007

Accessing The Powers That Be

I've noticed recently that there has been a spate of publications that are all variations on a similar theme: The Secret, What the Bleep-Down The Rabbit Hole, Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't, The Prayer Chest : A Novel About Receiving All Of Life's Riches , The Purpose Driven Life, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment I could go on but I'll stop now.

I've read (or watched) most of the above titles. They've all been strongly recommended to me or heartily endorsed by people I love and respect. I've enjoyed the messages contained in them, and some of it resonates with me.

But I've arrived at the conclusion that they're all essentially angling for similar thing: how to tap into "the powers that be" to more fully get what you want out of life. There are different methods put out there about how this can be done. But at the end of the day, none of them strikes me as any more efficacious than humble, sincere, heart-felt prayer, coupled with living ones life as closely in line with that light inside each of us as possible.

Doing this, while keeping priorities in line and walking in faith, will, ultimately, be the key to a life well-lived, and well-loved too. So much of what is out there seems to be looking for a work-around, an "easy way" to get more of what you want. Hoping to find a shortcut to success, wealth, happiness and fulfillment. But in my experience, no matter the packaging, there is no substitute for genuinely communing with God...and the peace He gives and the perspective His way adds to ones life is irreplacable.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Here, here! What a great post! Love your insights! It seems so true that people are always looking for that magic bullet, when the answers are really staring you right in the face. Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

A great synopsis sis! Thanks for the reminder.