So as it turns out, according to my health care plan there is a limit to how many visits I can have with my therapist in a year. And apparently I've already hit it, and the insurance company isn't going to pay for any more this year. They sent me a form telling me the last few charges are all my responsibility. Yay!
So I will be paying him for those in full, and taking a 10 week hiatus from the soft tissues and our weekly visits until the new year, at which point I will pace myself so as to avoid a gap on the tail end of 2010. (Of course this is all assuming we are living here all of 2010.) Frank is one of the primary reasons I would like to stay put. Actually.
It might be good, this break. I'll get to work on things by myself, and see how well I pilot my life as a Captainless First Officer, so to speak. Besides, there's always a bestie to talk to if I'm in a hole. Not quite the same, but twill do in a pinch. And if I find myself really going to pieces, he'll still be there for me. And worth every penny.
Grateful for
1) Healthcare Benefits.
2) Almost a year of progress.
3) The book I'm working with. It'll keep me busy and oriented.
2 comments:
I like your attitude! I will give you a chance to fly solo for a bit and sometimes that's a good thing. I wish you the best!
Blue, sometimes a therapist will give you a break on rates if they know you are paying out-of-pocket. Have you talked to your therapist about this? Also, you might want to ask about the possibility of phone consultations if you need a brush-up session. If you haven't already approached your therapist about reducing his rates until you can go back to insurance, you should. I have found that they can be quite flexible when they understand your financial situation. It's not like there is a huge amount of overhead.(other than those boxes and boxes of soft tissues!)
Like I said, I am always here if you need me. Only an email away!
Hugs and love,
Deb
Post a Comment